Disciples of the Cross, Pt.1 - Participant
Disciples of the Cross - Part 1
Who We Are - An Introduction to the Theology of Discipleship
by Rev. Steven King
Disciples of the Cross is a two-part Bible study addressing the topic of Christian discipleship from a uniquely Lutheran perspective. Part 1: Who We Are is an introduction to the theology of discipleship, laying the biblical groundwork for what it means to be called to live the life of faith as a follower of Jesus.
Click HERE to download a sample session.
The study may be used in conjunction with various discipleship programs and studies to highlight themes from the Lutheran tradition that are not often addressed in many discipleship materials. These include: a Theology of the Cross, the centrality of the Word and Sacrament, an understanding of the Means of Grace, and a recognition of the Christian as both "Saint and Sinner."
Table of Contents:
1. Apprentices of the Master - Following Jesus in his life of the cross
2. What Are You In This For? - Disciples of the cross vs. disciples of glory
3. God is the Potter; We Are the Clay - Recognizing how God does his work in us
4. Being Poured Out Before God - Daily dying to self and being raised in Christ
5. What Would a Hammer Pray For? - Being used by God as his means of grace
6. One Race With Many Laps - Returning to the Lord as a pattern for faily life
Appendix - The Lord's Prayer as a model for discipleship
Go HERE to purchase the Part 1 Leader's Guide